Tuning 444hz and string action (hawkeye)

What guitar(s) do you play? Strings? Amps? Setup?

Tuning 444hz and string action (hawkeye)

Postby CalumTE7 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:59 am

hey,

Ive heard this around and sen in another post but tommy tunes to 444hz..
does this somehow compensate for his incredebly low action and eliminate too much fret buzz.

im gettin my action lowered so im thinkin about things like this, i want a good sound out of my 808.
im also getting a full re-fret.

cheers. any help from anyone would be appreciate.
CalumTE7

Re: Tuning 444hz and string action (hawkeye)

Postby hawkeye » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:34 pm

Hi there,

Tommy has not used this tuning for awhile, it's back at standard 440hz. I think you'll find TE preferred the tone that tuning to 444hz gave him while playing solo. You can tune to what ever you wish if you are a solo performers. It does not compensate for the low action on his 808 in any way.

seeya
Hawkeye :)
hawkeye

Postby CalumTE7 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:13 am

heya,

as i sed i was thinking about getting my action lowered because i know my guitar could be easier to play.
how does tommy have his action so low without having massive fret buzz... i heard somewhere his action on the first fret is the same on the twelth which seems incredably low.
just searching for how to get the best out of my 808te.

im sure people tell you this but it is great to have someone like you who we can ask questions like this and you giving your time to answer them. i think i speak on many people's behalf when i say thank you for doing this. all the help youve given me is very appreciated.

thanks,

CALUM
CalumTE7

Postby Andy123n » Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Find a guitar store where you can get your guitar PLEKED (tommy gets his guitars pleked). Or as an alternative find a REALLY good luthier

http://www.plek.com/
Andy123n

Postby CalumTE7 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:53 pm

hey,

yeah i would love to have my guitar PLEK'd. but i live in perth which is officially the most iscolated city in the world ahah
No PLEK systems around here. Nearest is sydney.. all good for those people in the eastern states.

i know a very good luthier and even getting it to him is gonna be a trial!! but hey ill go to lengths for my guitar.

cheers
CalumTE7

Return to Hardware and guitars