AER vs Schertler amps

What guitar(s) do you play? Strings? Amps? Setup?

AER vs Schertler amps

Postby rlconc » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:58 pm

As I stated in previous posts I own an AER Compact 60 and I'm quite happy with it.
However, talking to a tech guy, he told me AER amps are far beyond Schertler's one. I was recommended this one:
http://www.schertler.com/homepage_scher ... co-en.html
It seems a pretty good device, around 300 EUR more than AER 60, would you sell the AER 60 to buy the Schertler one?
BR
rlconc

Re: AER vs Schertler amps

Postby Martijn » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:10 am

Schertler amplifiers are very good too, but I wouln't call it 'far beyond'. I have never done an A/B test, so I don't know which ones are the best.
But I would never sell my AER Compact 60 for a Schertler; they are just to heavy.
Martijn

Postby jengtrplayer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:37 am

rlconc wrote:
> As I stated in previous posts I own an AER Compact 60 and I'm quite happy
> with it.
> However, talking to a tech guy, he told me AER amps are far beyond
> Schertler's one. I was recommended this one:
> http://www.schertler.com/homepage_scher ... co-en.html
> It seems a pretty good device, around 300 EUR more than AER 60, would you
> sell the AER 60 to buy the Schertler one?
> BR

What kind of guitar do you have ? I wouldn't sell my AER w/o trying out the other amp 1st, then deciding for myself which one sounds best w/ your particular guitar.
jengtrplayer

Postby Saendar » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:26 pm

Hi rlconc, here's Tommy's answer to you:

I have always used AER amps for my live sound when using my Maton Guitars,, I found them superior to ALL other brands that I tried, however, lately I've been using my
Schertler David to run my old Martin 017 through, just because it really suits the guitar and the K and K pick-up which has no preamp etc sand low output,, I played the 017 through a new AER in the UK and it was fantastic too...so the point is, you must try both to see what works 4 U ....cheers, TE CGP>>>
Saendar

Postby rlconc » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:23 pm

Thank you for your answer. I have a Maton EBG808TE, a Dupont VRB with a Schertler Stat Macc Set -hence the Schertler amp recommendation- , a custom Beauregard with K&K Trinity System and a Gadotti Buster B. Jones Legacy model with a Fishman Matrix Infinity. Not bad, isn't it?
BTW, Saendar, give Tommy a big hug from me. Just tell him I'm Ricardo, we met at Valladolid (Spain) on November the 26th 2011. I was the only guy who attended to the Meet and Greet there, so he may remember me!
BR
rlconc

Postby suttonstrings » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 pm

The bottom line is both amps are some of the best available today... The AER amps have amazing coloring and percussion response. It seems to be dialed in for boxy instruments like the Matons. For more lightly constructed and responsive guitars, I prefer the Schertler Amps. It acts more as a PA system with less compression and has a more natural sound that is more accurately reproduced. The Schertler amps also have more power for the money and are overall more versatile, I think, but less portable. Still more portable than your father's tube Fender, that's for sure! I like the on-board mixer on the Schertler Jam series, too. You also have 4+ channels to work with. The Schertler amps work well with Nylon guitars and other stringed instruments. Please visit http://www.suttonstrings.com for my selection.

Thanks!
Adam
suttonstrings

Return to Hardware and guitars